The thing about life is that sometimes it throws us a curve ball and we don’t always get what we want. Learning to deal with the curve balls in life can be challenging and a bit tricky. However, if we don’t deal with them then we become stuck, remain in the same place as before and sometimes even go backward.
Imagine that you had a textbook or guide on how to handle life’s curve balls and be more equipped when they come your way. I know that in my life that I have thrown quite a few and have learned some skills and techniques to deal with them which I am sure may help you in some way. They are just simple things you can implement in your life and also things to remember as you go about your day. They are easy enough to fit into your schedule if you allow time for it.
On a daily basis depending on what your needs are then you can incorporate all or some the following into your daily/weekly or monthly schedules:
- Get up earlier before everyone else to have some quiet time to yourself to meditate or do yoga.
- Ask yourself each day what I am going to do today for me to take care of me. This can be just as simple as having a bath.
- Plan out your day and or week ahead whether for work or outside work at the start of the day and make it flexible to allow for unexpected events that occur from time to time.
- Analyze your priorities for work and life on a monthly basis and considering saying no to some things to allow space in your life to be creative.
- Never allow those around you to steal your joy or peace in life. No one should let others take this away from you as it also steals your energy and you get sucked into other people’s problems which quite often you can’t resolve.
- Get invigorated and excited about life.
- On a weekly basis take some time out to get re-connected to your partner, loved ones or with your friends or family.
- It is important that you spoil yourself now and then with a slice of pizza or some chips, whatever it is that rocks your boat. Moderation is the key.
If you are already doing some or all of these things then you can incorporate these some of these into your routine. The important thing is that you have your own steps/guidelines to deal with your curve balls in life as well as implementing them and most importantly sticking to them.
On a personal level, I have found at times when going through times like during the same-sex marriage debate in Australia last year that taking time out each day by myself helped me immensely. I was able to meditate and block a lot of the negativity around than focusing on the positive enabling me to get through this time.
I know that how I react or not react to situations is different to everyone else, however, there is one thing I do know in which we are all alike and that is ensuring all our basic needs are met. If I fail to do this then we won’t be able to realize our fullest potential and handle those curve balls in life with grace, style and bat them out of the ballpark.
If you would like to connect with Melissa, please check her out on Facebook or through her website at Melissa Griffiths
If you loved this story you will also love The War Against Patience
Also follow the Positive People army on Social Media